Sunday, January 27, 2013

Don't Forget to Feed Your Skin!

Today I woke up and immediately decided that I had had enough of my dry skin.  I had patches of stuff on the back of my hands that felt like sandpaper!  (It had come on suddenly due to the weather.)  Anyway, coconut oil wasn't quite cutting it, so much to the excitement of my eldest daughter, the aspiring herbalist, I announced first thing this morning that today we would attempt to make lotion bars!    Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang scented!

We have been making an effort to make sure that everything we put on our skin is edible due to the fact that it's absorbed into your bloodstream within minutes.  Check out this website if you have any concern about the beauty or personal care products you use.  It's an eye-opener!


Here we are using the brownie pan for molds with paper baking cups.

The small scoop is great for quickly transferring the liquid lotion mix into the pan before it hardens and also useful for measuring the amount in each bar (the small scoop holds a tablespoon).  By the way, my eldest son is responsible for the music score you hear in the background!

Here you go!  And my chapped hands are on the mend!

2 comments: